Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Years weigh-In and my intentions for the year!

Hello everyone!  It's been a couple of weeks.  I didn't post on the Friday after Christmas, or any of the other days following that because I was stupid busy.  Having two jobs that are both primarily weekend jobs can be kind of hectic, but when you need the money, you kind of have to get over that.  Also that Friday I didn't weigh in.  I woke up basically an hour before I had to go to work that day, so that was completely at the back of my mind.

ANYWAYS!

I did weigh in this past Friday, and with no surprise to me, I rang in the new year at 255.2 pounds.  I knew I was going to gain.  Next year, I think I am going to ask to not get candy in my stocking because most of the weight I gain was from having too much candy.  I tried to limit my candy intake, but it was just too much of a temptation for me.  But all of that is in the past and I have to focus on the now.

It is the new year, and with the new year comes New Year's Resolutions.  If you have watched any of my videos in the past, you'll have learned that I really don't like making resolutions.  Resolution has a very negative vibe about it because almost everybody who makes them, never really follow through with it.  Most of the people set these goals for things they never do in real life, and the moment they feel uncomfortable with it, they immediately say "I'm done."  I just don't like the feeling of setting up something that I will fail at eventually, so I just never make them.

I just read the perfect article about this very subject.  I finally found somebody who is very like minded about resolutions as me.  Here's a link to that article if you want to read it.  The long and the short of the article is that instead of making resolutions, she makes new year's intentions.  She says in her article, "Intentions are more about progress rather than a specific end point."  I like the idea of focusing more on my progress.  That's why I'm not so adamant about making a goal weight because I'd feel really crappy if I could never get there.  

She also says write them down, so I am going to do that.  So here are my 2015 (and beyond) intentions:


  • The 27 laps in 5 minutes are my bitch! 
  • Fried foods and sodas can kiss my grits! - I feel so much better when I don't eat fried foods or drink soda.
  • My videos are sweet! - I really want to make videos again!
  • Working out is my best friend for life! - whether it's at a gym or at home, I want to work out more.
  • Finally my book shelf holds more read books then to-be-read books! 
  • Water is fabulous! - I just want to drink more water.
Have you all made New Years intentions?  I'd like to know!  :)  

I hope you all have had a wonderful start to the year.  Now that derby has started back, I am going to be a busy bee.  I'm excited!  It's going to be an awesome year!  I can feel it in my bones!  

No comments:

Post a Comment