Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Brazen Fit 24 Day Ab Challenge

So a couple of girl at work have started doing this 24 day ab challenge, and I thought I'd look at it and possibly give it a try.  If you are not familiar with it, here is the picture of the program.

It looks easy enough, but I do have a problem with the fact that the three exercises moves that they have only really focus on the middle ab muscles and there's nothing that work the obliques or the hip flexors.  For me personally, I need a total ab workout.  So I'm tweaking the workout a bit.  I'm going to do the three moves they have provided, but I'm going to add two moves to it.

The first move I'm adding are bicycle crunches.  We do these sometimes at practice, and I feel almost every muscle in my core working.  It's also one of my favorite types of crunches to do simply because it hurts so good.  

The second move is called Russian Twist.  These are very good for the obliques, and they hurt like crazy.  I'm going to start the challenge with my feet on the floor, and as the days go by work on doing them without my feet on the ground.  

Since both of these workouts go from side to side, one repetition is when you complete each side once.
  
I'm am starting today, and will be doing an update on how I'm doing every week.  If you want to join me in this challenge let me know!  I'm totally down to be an accountability partner!!!  

Best Wishes, and DFTBA
~Alicia~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment