Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Ab Challenge Update #1

I should be on day 7 of the Ab challenge, but alas I just finished day 5.

Oops.

I was slack on both Saturday and Sunday.  I did do physical activity, so it's not like I was completely lazy.  Saturday, My boyfriend, Josh, two of my team mates, and myself went skating and I was skating for 3 hours.  Sunday, Josh, His sister, her dog, and myself went hiking for a couple of hours because it was beautiful.

I could have done Day 3 things on Saturday because all I did before going skating was going through things in my room.  That was a misjudgment of my time, and really just a forgetting about the challenge all together.

Sunday I was hanging out with Josh and his sister all day, and I have a bit of a problem working out at somebody else's house.  I'm not a big fan of somebody watching me work out unless they are working out as well.  It's just something that hinders me in that aspect, and it is something I am going to have to work on.  I think it just has something to do with my self confidence.

Already with this challenge it has helped me with my planks.  During our warm ups at practice, we do planks, and I always have problems with doing planks or at least holding the position for the 3 separate 30 second sessions we do.  I was thinking it was because of the floor and my elbow pads not wanting to stop slipping, or because I could never find the right placement for my arms.  I have figured out that the way we go up is just not good for my back.  Instead of raising into it, I have to step into it.  It doesn't hurt my back that way, I have my arms in the right placement, and I feel more stable in general doing it that way.

The leg raises also helped with our 6 inches that we do as well.  I was able to hold one of the 30 second sessions we do.  I still need work on it, but it does help a whole lot.

I have decided to do the Bicycle Kicks and Russian Twists every other day.  It is rather difficult doing all of them every day, so it is best I do it not so often.

This isn't the only work-outs I am doing.  I am also making sure I do cardio (Especially because of practice), and to do leg and arm workouts every so often.  

I will have my first weigh in this Friday with pictures and everything.  :)

Best Wishes and DFTBA!
~Alicia~

No comments:

Post a Comment